Thursday, July 3, 2008

CHINA Tour-day Photos

Well, as you may know, I was in China for a week- including a weekend.
So one day we toured a nearby Ancient water-town (with a leaning tower temple) and some botanical gardens. Here are some of my favorite shots.


Front gates of Suzhou- ancient water town


Suzhou- North temple Pagoda (Leaning tower of Pagoda)

This is when it started to rain.

Arches

Now it's pouring rain. (you'll see the tower is leaning towards us)

(Well, it's been there for 2500 years- why would it fall now?)

Taking a boat ride around the city moat.

random

Now it's a monsoon- even the mannequins are wading.

Joe had the women's attention... all they wanted was his money.

Talking Maynah bird

Later at the botanical gardens...



"hello" There's a little cliff and stream below me that wouldn't fit in frame.

beautiful architecture and landscaping!

of course they put us to work

in the rain the lily pads fill with water, tip over and pour off into each other. a very tranquil and poetic design.

Dragon scales

here's the picture we laughed about-
The group shot was funniest to Joe and I because – as I tell the
story- someone offered to take or photo so Joe and I stood in frame
(as far apart as men are supposed to stand away from each other) and our tour-guides/co-workers filled in the gap. Little did we know that
(even with my hand behind my back to avoid any "appearances") the
picture would still come out looking like 2 couples out on the town.
Far from the truth- needless to say- ESPACIALLY since the whole time I was thinking
"WOW look at that! I really really wish Amy was here with me!"

3 comments:

Allen Wilson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clean Up on Isle Five said...

Wow! Is that your wife sitting next to you all chummy in those pictures?

Allen Wilson said...

Clean up on Isle five,
(AKA Amy or Amy's friend)
Nope- unfortunately. You can see pictures of Amy below 1 of my 1st blog posts "perfectly clear" http://allenwilsondesign.blogspot.com/2008/06/testing-123.html


As for the picture here, Joe and I think that our tour guides were merely trying to get out of the monsoon rain, but you'd have to ask them about that.