Wednesday, July 23, 2008

GOOGLE READER: ok, i'm addicted


(click)to google reader! basically it looks like your email in-box but instead of mail you get the newest articles that your favorite websites post. I have a "design" folder with ~20design sites that I SHOULD be keeping track of as a designer but had no way to do it efficiently. Now i just tell it which sites OR search "gadgets" for instance and subscribe to the site "feed". Now i can skim through 100s of articles with photos and see what catches my eye. I can do proactive research.

it does local NEWS, you-tube, anything! Even your friends Blogs post to your "inbox".

There is a "SHARE" feature that you can show your friends what caught your eye.You have to start using it to get the full effect, but HERE ARE A FEW OF MINE:
(pictured is a super-thin and durable tyvek mailing-envelope wallet featured in the museum of modern art I tried to make one, but I want the designer's version)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uh, so in a way this is also going to crate a spendin addiction or more problems for me with all the new toys and gadgets that you just have to have.

The magic wheel was only the beginning.

uh, oh, this is not going to be good.