Thursday, July 17, 2008

Farding Kills

Ok, so get this… It's "ride-you're-bike-to-work-day" so naturally I appeased Mother Earth by strapping my bike to the roof of my car and DROVE-my-bike-to-work… (Does that count?). So, now I'm driving down Winchester in the "fast-lane" on my way to work -Chomping on my yummy blueberry Cliff bar- when I pull up to a stoplight and tragedy strikes... almost.

So, I'm slowing to a stop when a sun-damaged, renegade Ford Mercury flies into my lane while turning left – heads straight at me – and then onto the center island – dodges around traffic-light and sign posts – all the while casually signaling a merge into the proper side of the street then jumps into the proper flow again. I'm unscathed, but on tomorrows commute, that woman will think twice about farding.

(look up "fard")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite part about this story was you driving your bike to work.

That's hylarious.